Shows a summary of any Page in any sidebar.
Feature A Page Widget aims to provide a “just works” solution for showcasing a Page in any sidebar. It leverages Core WordPress features, a simple set of options with a thought-through UI including three widget layouts.
For those more technically adept, there are three filters and a template to customize the output of the widget. It’s also i18n ready.
How to Use the Widget
This plugin enables Featured Images (aka “Post Thumbnails”) and Excerpts for Pages in WordPress. If you don’t see one or both of those fields, they may be hidden in the “Screen Options” (look in top-right corner) for Pages.
- Edit the page you want to feature.
- Fill out the Excerpt and select a Featured Image on that page.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets.
- Add an instance of the “Feature a Page Widget” to the sidebar of your choosing.
- Select the Page, choose a layout, and give the widget a title if you want.
- Save the widget. Admire your handiwork.