Modern two-factor that people love to use: strong authentication without passwords or tokens; single sign on/off; magical user experience.
The Clef mobile app provides password-free, two-factor authentication that is highly secure and enjoyable to use. Just sync your phone with the Clef Wave to log in.
Users’ Favorite Features
- No passwords: login securely with the Clef wave, and enjoy two-factor protection without one-time codes.
- No extra devices: use your smartphone instead of a “third device” such as a USB drive or security key.
- Single sign on/off: Sync with the Clef Wave once, then enjoy one-click sign ins for all subsequent sites. Also, sign out from all your sites with one-click any time, or set the timer to log you out automatically when you’re done working.
- Strong authentication: Clef replaces passwords with highly secure, two-factor logins using the tried-and-true RSA public-key cryptosystem.
- Clef stores your encrypted private key on your phone rather than in a central database. Thus even in the unlikely event of a catastrophic security breach on Clef’s servers, your login credentials remain secure on your phone.
- Every Clef login requires two identification factors: your phone and a fingerprint or PIN. So even if your phone is lost or stolen, you’re Clef account will remain secure.
- Comprehensive protection: Clef disables passwords for all three WordPress authentication points: Dashboard access, API access, and password resets. Thus it protects against the full spectrum of password-based attack vectors:
- brute-force and botnet login attacks
- weak, leaked, and recycled passwords
- sending login credentials via an insecure (non-ssl) connection
- password phishing attempts
- account takeovers via email breaches
- Flexible password settings
- Disable passwords for select WordPress user roles including custom roles.
- Disable passwords for API access.
- Accommodate users who do not have smartphones.
- Shortcode support: insert Clef’s “login with your phone” button or the Clef Wave in any post, page, or text widget using the clef_render_login_button shortcode.
- Standards-based compatibility: Clef’s WordPress plugin adheres to WordPress coding guidelines and is thus compatible with most mainstream plugins and themes.
- Internationalization and localization support: Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Japanese, Latvian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish. More translations on the way. Help translate Clef into your language.
- Multisite network support
- Helpful documentation
- Free email support