Dotman Toolkit is inspired by the old system comic books printing of the early 30s and that lasted until the late 80s, the system was known as 4-color process or 4CP and characterized by being economical and of low quality.
The 4CP inspired many creators of Pop Art and remains today as a style in graphic design. The goal of Dotman Toolkit is to imitate all the aesthetics of old comic books.
- Use only with Adobe Photoshop CS6 or higher. Earlier versions are not supported…Sorry!
- Use the Color Charts of the Golden, Silver and Bronze Ages for coloring your artwork
- All effects are editable
- No plugins required
- Documentation online in HTML with video tutorials
*This product is recommended only for use with illustrations. It does not work with pictures.
ITEM CHECK LIST
This product includes:
- 8 Actions Sets with 48 actions in total
- Old Paper Creator in .PSD: includes more than 10 paper scans from real sources
- 2 Color Charts form Golden, Silver and Bronze Ages in .PDF file printed with Dotman 4-Color Process
- 2 Color Swatches/Palettes in .ASE and .ACO for Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop
- 1 Ink Texture Pattern Sets
- 1 Halftone Dots/Lines Pattern Set
- 1 inspiration gallery with 75 free images of close-ups of old comic books printed in 4-Color Process
WORKING WITH DOTMAN TOOLKIT
Dotman is a toolbox, this is a small guide that will help you get very good results, the process is:
- Install assets
- Create your own Old Paper Texture
- Import your image on it
- Apply the necessary actions
- Edit or improve the effects
- Export or save your new image